HAHA to launch Traineeships from Summer 2014
Getting you ready for an Apprenticeship or Employment
- (Designed to prepare you for an Apprenticeship or a job)
- Are you 16-23 years old?
- Not currently in a job and have little work experience, but you must be focused on work or the prospect of it
- Need better English and maths grades? Qualified below Level 3
- Need experience on your CV?
- Need help getting an apprenticeship or other employment?
- You must have a reasonable chance of being ready for employment or an apprenticeship within six months of engaging in a traineeship.
WE CAN HELP!!
HAHA Training is delighted to announce we are now providing Traineeships: a new, non-employed, work-based, study programme which enables you to gain qualifications and work experience he government funded programme supports 16-23 year olds to develop the skills needed to secure an Apprenticeship or other employment.
What does a Traineeship involve?
Each Traineeship will last from six weeks up to a maximum of six months. The Traineeship programme includes up to 2 days a week in a quality work placement and 1 day a week in HAHA training for relevant training in Hairdressing, Maths, English and employability skills.
HAHA Training works with many employers who would like to help young people into work. Traineeship work placements available include Hairdressing, Barbering and Beauty sectors.
What are the benefits of a Traineeship?
Traineeships give young people the skills they need to secure a job and succeed in employment, with the content tailored to individual needs. Essential work skills training will ensure young people develop the abilities and confidence needed to take the first step in their career, such as an Apprenticeship, while maths and English support will increase employability and earning potential.
At the end of the work experience, trainees receive a reference and an exit interview- or a job interview if a role becomes available- with the company.
While employers are not required to pay trainees, they are encouraged to support with meals and travel costs and all training will be funded by the Government.
The three key elements of our Traineeship programmes include:
- A work placement at HAHA Training Ltd or one of our chosen employers. This will give you meaningful work experience and develop workplace skills which are valued by future employers.
- A focused period of work preparation training, covering areas like CV writing, interview preparation, job search and inter-personal skills.
- English and maths, as these are seen as crucial employability skills and are mandatory part of your course unless you already have GCSC Grade C or above. We offer you the opportunity to study Functional Skills in Maths and English.
Traineeships are expected to last from six weeks to six months and at the end of your course you will be offered a guaranteed interview with a work placement host representative. At any time after the first six weeks of your Traineeship you can transfer to employment or an apprenticeship.
Who cannot apply for a traineeship
-The most disengaged young people, who require very intensive support;
-Those who already have the skills and experience needed to start an apprenticeship or find work; or
-those already in a job.of more than 16 hours
-Those who have already done a traineeship
Contact HAHA for an interview and initial assessment to establish what vocation you are interested in and establish your level of English and maths.
If you are an employer and would like to get involved in the programme to help young people get into work please contact HAHA for an interview or more information.